Guess what I finished?
It's true. I finished Kerry, finally. I sewed the buttons on last night. It's a true picture of my knitting progress....I started this cardigan in September of 2006 (and restarted it, twice) and my gauge has changed since then. I finished the body pretty much working continuously, in the process making one armhole a little wonky which became obvious in seaming. I started the sleeves after the body, then put them down for over a year. The right sleeve increases for the gusset were formed a little....differently but I sure couldn't figure it out and there was no way I was ripping. I finished the sleeves last week in a couple of days, and sewed them in with a lot of colorful talk and clips and easing.
I didn't block too aggressively but I think when I do again (many moons from now) I will be able to fix some of that wackiness, and the wavy collar, etc. I might just leave everything the way it is though, because it is my first sweater and I love it no matter what. The buttons are really cute-they are from Windsor Button in Boston and I got them in October of 2006 when I was at the Head of the Charles. It's kind of fitting that I finished the sweater this past weekend...it was the date of the annual Head of the Charles! No Boston for me this year, unfortunately. But the next time I go, I'll have a very warm sweater to take with me.
Yarn: Black Water Abbey 2-ply worsted weight, colorway quartz, about 8.5 skeins for a 48" chest.
Mods: No official ones, but plenty of unofficial "design elements."
Yay! Very exciting.